SASM, AS, OK, and I found a little photo studio with ridiculous backdrops that we just had to have our pictures taken in front of - this is the most tame of the variations - the others were printed on laminated cards, and I don't have digital files of them.
On Easter Sunday, I went to church with the guys. It was a sunrise service, and none of us were too keen to get up before 5am, but we did it, and I'm glad I went. Actually, I didn't only attend, but sang in the choir as well - I went to choir rehearsal on Saturday evening, so I was well prepared to seing the featured hymn - in Kachin (though, a familiar tune - Go Tell in On the Mountain).
After service we packed a picnic lunch, and hiked to the waterfall up the stream from the office.
After a good swim, we cooked lunch over a fire
That evening there was a party for our trainees and some other visiting midwives. Our training class performed a lovely song that SASM taught them, and then SASM, DA, SA, and I performed a special piece (in Kachin!) It was a Major hit. We were rewarded with flowers and garlands.
Ha! I love the "Easter egg" eggs.
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks like it was a fabulous hike. I'm jealous. The waterfall is beautiful!