Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mae Sot social scene-

The true limitations of the Mae Sot social scene made themselves apparent tonight - A couple of our friends had a party to celebrate their birthdays, and as a result, both of the bars that expats frequent closed early.... Not enough of us to fill three venues, now that the summer crowd has gone! And of the people at the party, I think my roommate and I were the newest arrivals. Considering that fully half of the party goers were French speakers, maybe I should be trying to learn -3- languages. Jade and I are trying to break into the 'long termer' crowd - most of them don't bother to get to know the summer folk, so that we are still here is cluing them into the idea that we may be around for a while, and therefore, perhaps worth getting to know... We shall see. But the social scene has definitely transitioned.

(Not that this has affected my trivia prowess, we won again this past Tuesday!).

No comments:

Post a Comment