Monday, March 22, 2010

Koh Samui and Anthong

This post is rather delayed because it crashed my browser the first few times I tried to post it -

(the shore of Koh Samui)

After living in Thailand for a year and a half plus, I still had never visited any of the famed Thai beaches. My families visit finally changed that. We flew to Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand for three days of beach bliss, including a visit to Anthong Marine Park. Snorkeling, kayaking, swimming, lounging, and drinking rum punch. Not bad.

Once again, I am hugely disappointed by the color washing out that has accompanied uploading these photos to the blog. Apologies for robbing you of the full experience. I guess you'll have to find me in person to see my photos, or, just come visit Thailand. :)

(beach in Anthong marine park, where we spent part of a lovely afternoon,
including kayaking along the shore and being served cold drinks from a floating bar)


(the limestone wears away into amazing rock formations rising out of the oh-so-teal water)

(James Bond II - one of the formations used in the filming of The Man with the Golden Gun)

(some of the 40 islands comprising Anthong Marine Park)

("The Emerald Lagoon" completely enclosed by a small island, in Anthong Marine Park)

(Yes please! Swimming anyone?)

(In many places, can see the many layers of limestone from when this was at the sea floor)


(Despite, hat and liberal repeated sunscreen applications, I still managed to get the worst burn
I've had in years. All this time in the tropics, and I'm still the palest person in town.
I guess some skin was just not meant for 9 1/2 degrees north.)

No comments:

Post a Comment