Thursday, December 18, 2008

Aclimatization

It has barely dipped below 60 degrees (Fahrenheit), yet I find myself wearing socks and a fleece to bed, and sleeping under three blankets. I must have been living in Thailand for too long...

There was actually one night when it dipped into the upper 40s, but in general, December is beautiful - mid 80s during the day, and mid 50s at night. Even so, I left the house with a jacket this morning. There is something psychological at work - it is so much cooler than the hot season, and even rainy season(particularly, considering the removal of the oppressive humidity) that certainly it must require a jacket - seems crazy that there could be such a change, and still have it be so warm... I have, though, resisted the trend of so many locals around me, who are wearing down jackets.

Still, I don't think I'm quite prepared for the weather when I arrive in the States next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment