Thursday, March 19, 2009

Aaghhkk!!

My bike was stolen. Again. Since the last time I had one stolen, I have been pretty fanatical about locking. The only places I don't lock are my office, and my house. Well, it was stolen from my office. While I was in my office. During midday. Come on, really?? I can only hope it was taken by someone really in need of a bike. Cause I'm getting tired of buying replacements. I might as well just throw a couple thousand baht out the window.

As frustrated as I was to find it missing, I was determined not to miss swimming today - I missed the last two days because of work, and was desperate to make it today (the pool closes at 7) - so I borrowed a (really shitty) bike, and pedaled like mad to make it to the pool at 6:40. However, it was _full_ today with Thai prepubescent boys splashing, and middle ages women doing water aerobics, leaving no room for me to swim laps. I thought at least a good hard swim would abate my frustration, but being crowded out of one of my very few refuges here really exacerbated my mindstate. So, I rented a bike, bought an overpriced 2 liter bottle of poor quality white wine, and sulked home.

harumph.

well, I have to work tonight anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, Jen, I can't believe that! Who knew the hottest commodity in Mae Sot was a bicycle? And I'm sorry to hear about all the prepubescent boys. If they were in America, there's no way they'd be out getting fresh air and exercise! They'd totally be playing video games. :) I hope you enjoyed your wine, at least. Good luck with your next bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your bike being stolen! I wish I could send you mine. It would be put to much better use with you.

    ReplyDelete