Friday, September 4, 2009

time blows by

The wind today, blows with such startling force that it cannot be ignored. At my house, doors and windows bang, roof shakes, trees dance, and clouds swirl. I have opened wide every orifice of my home in the hopes that it will blow in some of its freshness and change. In marveling at this wind, I remembered writing about a similar gusty interlude some time before. On checking the date, I saw that it was just about one year ago.

This isn't the first thing that I've marveled at encountering the second time around, the slow recognition that I'm beginning the cycle again. I've now been living here just over 14 months, and the cyclical nature of life here seems more apparent than in places I have lived before. Or maybe there are just fewer layers, to hide the circle that is always present, everywhere.

This recognition almost inevitably leads to the pondering of how many times I will go round here. Perhaps it depends on whether this breeze blows as a headwind or a tailwind, a determination that I have as of yet been unable to ascertain, as it sometimes seems to change from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment