Saturday, May 5, 2012

Decisions (and lack thereof)

It has been brought to my attention that I failed to follow up previous posts regarding my departure from Thailand and its timing.  I write now to assure all that departure plans progress, as previously reported.  Having initially set end of June as my completion date, I subsequently realized that wouldn't give enough overlap with my replacement, given the realities of the hiring timeline.  As it currently stands, I am set to conclude at the end of July, though that could get pushed a few weeks depending on recruitment success.  We start interviewing next week, the results of which will greatly inform the reality of maintaining this schedule.

I hope to take some short time for travel abroad, then back to the US around early Sept, with a few weeks in the US before starting work, to visit friends and do some hiking; but all depends on success and timing of my job search.  A rather unnerving number of variables to have up in the air, alas.

I'm just starting the job hunt now, looking in NYC, Baltimore, and DC, primarily.  There is one great opportunity through Hopkins that I would love to have pan out, but that project is newly conceived, and yet unfunded, so the timing of a job opening is uncertain, let alone whether I would get it.  Other than that, I'm cruising the job boards, looking at orgs like PATH, and PACT, OSI, and PHR.  If you have any friends hiring in international health policy, advocacy, programming, or research, let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment