A way to share a bit of my life here with my family and friends, and to offer a few reflections on living on the Thai/Burma border.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Oh what a beautiful morning
I woke up this morning tucked under warm blankets in a frosty room (well, mid-50s), and enjoyed wrapping my self up in fleece after jumping out of bed. I was up early enough that Mae Sot was still (relatively) quiet, with plenty of time to enjoy the morning before rushing into the day. I love long mornings, when, after having sufficiently slept, I can rise early feeling refreshed, and enjoy drinking tea and basking in the sun as I slide into the day. Today I brewed a mug of green tea with pomegranate, toasted a bagel (yay for toaster ovens and Canadian Dave!), and went to the porch to enjoy the morning while catching up on some reading (hiring policies and grant agreements - not worth a cheer in their own right, but great to get them off the to do list!). By the time I dressed the day had finally warmed enough to shed the fleece and tolerate shorter sleeves. I gathered my belongings, loaded up some tunes, and cycled off to the Backpack Health Worker Teams' compound to facilitate a training on Public Health Program Management. It was still brisk out, fresh and bright, and cycling through the clean clear morning was a treat. Rolling into the compound, I was met by the friendly faces of staff from several of our local partners, having come for he training, pleased to see some of them for the first time after my long absence from Mae Sot. It really was a lovely morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment