Saturday, July 26, 2008

My ride home

To give a better sense of my surroundings, I took a series of photos on my ride home from one of our partner's offices yesterday. I just pulled over several times and snapped shots along the way.



the highway













rice paddies,










more rice paddies...













coming to the edge of town (the partner's office is outside of town, closer to the border)






entering town












down Intarakiri














a nice house







the fruit stand by my house - the place just to the left is a good noodle stand. There are Coke banners _everywhere_ here.
the yellow building on the left is part of the monastery. There are also 2 other temples, several churches, and a couple of mosques in town.

this is by the door of one of the two cafes with wifi, T-Corner (near my house/office). It is one of my favorite places to get fresh juice shakes (fresh fruit blended with ice)

Not on my way home, but rather on the way to the pool. Blurry because it was taken while I was riding, but notice the 7-11 on the right...



the pool















our own little tropical paradise....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for doing that, Jen, I really appreciate it. It's nice to have a better sense of where you're living. And may I say, that picture of the rice paddy with the mountains and the clouds is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete