Have been swimming laps several times a week in the 'public pool' which is really a random little pool that you have to walk through someone's outdoor kitchen to get to, and at which I have never seen anyone else excepting my housemate. Still, is very nice to get some exercise and some refreshment . Its a hard balance, the weather here: too much rain isn't enjoyable, but at least it brings breeze, and cool, whereas, its nice to enjoy some dry days, but then they are quite hot and humid... (though perfect for swimming).
Bought a bagel(!) at 'Canadian Dave's' to have for breakfast tomorrow. He imports all kinds of tasty western things that are terribly frozen and often of mediocre quality, but still considered treats. I also bought muesli there, which is not mediocre at all!
Won the 80's portion of the 'Dance off through the ages' at the party last Saturday night (to celebrate July birthdays - there are five amongst our little crew). Required attire for entrance was 'crazy hats and big glasses' (will post photos soon). This was quite possibly the hottest party of the summer. Even though the cops broke it up at 11:30.... My prize included some stunning 80's style plastic earrings and bangles, and a lace headband. I'll definitely be sporting those - all the time.


Just set dates for a work trip in September which will include China and India and last perhaps five weeks. Nirali, teach me some Bengali, quick!
Have been riding a bike with questionable braking capacity (practically nonexistent in the rain) - really need to look into buying my own...
Have not worn close toed shoes once since arriving. Why oh why did I think I needed to bring three pairs!
Have forgotten until today that I love Thai iced tea, and that it is readily available here! Must pursue tomorrow!
Have discovered that it is only easy to be a vegetarian here if you embrace the fish sauce....
Am fairly sure my friend (and neighbor) has dengue, but he refuses to go to the hospital to get checked.
Must stop procrastinating, and finish reading OCHA report....
No comments:
Post a Comment